New Fun Site for Teachers

A resource for aspiring, current and former JET Participants.
Enquiries should NOT be posted here.

New Fun Site for Teachers

Postby barry » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:57 pm

I have been working as an English teacher for the last 4 years. For my first few years I spent lot of time searching the internet for fun teaching resources, but I could never find anything that was exactly what I was looking for. I finally decided to start making fun games for my classes using flash. I really wanted to create something that was fun and didn't sacrifice the learning experience. I also wanted something that would work great for both big and small classes. I started with just a few games, but after two years I had so much material I put it on a website to share with everyone.

On my site you can play fun flash classroom games, print free flashcards, and make customized worksheets. There are also fun teaching tools like a random student selector, English name maker, and automatic spelling quiz.

I use these things in my classroom everyday and have found them to be very useful for motivating the students to learn English.

Everything is 100% free! It is very visual and is designed to be very easy to use.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.barryfunenglish.com

Here is a screen shot from the most recent section that I have added to the site, the 'Custom Worksheet Maker':
barry

Postby DanAkitaPA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

This site looks quite good. Thanks for sharing Barry. I like the flexibility of your worksheets and other print-ables.

Cheers,

Dan
DanAkitaPA

Re: New Fun Site for Teachers

Postby amalthea1181 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 pm

This site looks really good...I like how you can make the same game with different vocab...this way the students see the same format but with different information...I am really excited to use some these things in my classroom. Thank you for sharing the site with us. :D
amalthea1181

Postby Ginny » Fri May 21, 2010 10:42 am

That looks incredible!!!!

Where were you when I needed you 2 years ago??? :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!! :D
Ginny

Postby sun22 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks Barry for sharing such a great site with us. Its very inspiring for all of us.
sun22

Postby cliffmanchester » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Awesome site

I really appreciate what you have made, I am looking forward to your other similar websites in the future
cliffmanchester

Postby patrick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 am

I don't think this is a coincidence most to all peeps posting on this thread only have one post.
patrick

Postby Kagemusha » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah, they never did anything wrong so I didn't do anything. I did check their IPs and if they had a record of spam I deleted them.
AJET Web Developer/Designer, IT Consultant 2009-12
HAJET Web Developer/Designer, IT Consultant 2008-12
Want info about living in Japan at your fingertips?
Get the AJET - iConnect iOS App at the Apple App Store! Also on Google Play for Android! It's FREE!
Kagemusha
Forum Moderator

Return to FAQs and Links