ESL well http://eslwell.com
is a new website and free service for ESL teachers and expat communities that enables them to connect, organize, and share teaching materials and knowledge about living and working abroad online. In addition to group functionality, ESLwell provides a host of tools that help ESL teachers and expats share knowledge and resources.
Features and benefits:
For community leaders
(e.g. PA's, CIRs, AJET reps... or anyone who wants to connect and organize a group of people):
Start Prefectural, city, alumni, and interest groups in which you and your group's members can:
- * Make announcements
* Organize events & track RSVPs
* Discuss anything and everything
* Share files
* Store group knowledge in a group wiki
* Look-up contact details and share your own
* Easily manage group membership (i.e. in the summer when leaving JETs go and new JETs join)
* Make group content as public or private as you wish
- * Easily share, view, and print ESL materials online
* Get answers to common questions about living and working abroad
* Share maps and information on useful businesses, restaurants, parks, etc in your area
* Buy and sell from other English speakers nearby and across Japan
* Read & contribute articles on people's experiences living and working in Japan
* Join & participate in teacher/expat groups near you or start your own group
- * take a short audio/video of the site,
* learn more about the site's benefits and features
* and then sign up and take it for a spin.
So check us out. Even if you are already using other tools such as Yahoo Groups, the advantages of switching to ESLwell.com are many:
- * share resources (knowledge, maps, and ESL materials) not just within your community but with JET and expat communities across Japan
* one-stop-shop - enjoy the convenience of doing it all on one site. stay abreast of community local events and announcements, get teaching materials and answers to your questions, and buy and sell your stuff all on one site.
* it's free
Our vision is to make eslwell.com into a lasting resource for JET and expat communities across Japan. So come, join, and provide your prefectural JET community with an invaluable resource. We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch either by replying to this thread or contacting us directly through ESLwell's contact form or private messaging system (my eslwell.com username is stein).
Shiga JET 2001-2006